Sunday, December 1, 2019

The Journey

I am looking forward to catching up with all of you! We spent Thanksgiving at our son's home, it was a nice day. I did get some things done on my computer vacation. I started wrapping Christmas gifts.

And we went to the yearly poinsettia festival at a local garden center. It was really fun! You will be going with me for the next few days, so lets start with the trip there! It was drizzling and foggy.


Though it was only about 10 minutes away, we passed some beautiful scenes.




We passed the pumpkin field I posted awhile back. It is still full of pumpkins!

This is actually the office of a plumber.

And here we are at the Festival!! To be continued...

Life’s not about arriving at a destination
Life’s about the journey and all the beautiful scenery along the way.

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

One of my favorite holiday things...poinsettias!! Looking forward to next post.

Ann said...

Sounds like you had a nice blog break. I love traveling through farm country. Can't wait to see more of your day

Sandi said...

Lovely scenes. :)

I have seen those "thank you Jesus" signs around here too!

MadSnapper said...

I love, love, love number 4, with the cows in the pond looking out and the farm and all the cars saying they are home for the holidays... can't wit to see the festival... even WM has a small field of poinsettias that are beautiful....

Rose said...

I definitely have to come back here on computer.. I can tell I will love your photos.

Rose said...

Ginny, I just totally enjoyed the slideshow on my laptop...you got some beautiful photos...loved the barns especailly. And the next to the last shot, too.

Annie Jeffries said...

I loved my trip through the countryside with you and Phil on the way to the poinsettia garden. We had a similar place back home but nowhere near as charming or welcoming. It was just open for business. Very popular, it was, because of all the beauty, but just not the same.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful scenes. I am looking forward to seeing all those Poinsettia.

photowannabe said...

I do love poinsettias and look forward to your next posts.
All those barns and farms are just magical to me. Terrific photos, especially the one with the cows in the pond.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay - are you saying all those wonderful things are within ten minutes of your home? You are so blessed.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh you did pass some beautiful places in those 10 minutes. So pretty. I hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Lovely photos. My favorite is of the two cows standing in the pond. And I love the quote about life being about the journey--not the destination. So true. We miss so much beauty when we're not looking.

Carla from The River said...

Oh my, I am so excited about the Poinsettia open house. FUN FUN!
Cannot wait to see your photos.
Love, Carla

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!