Sunday, August 23, 2026

Metallica

 Some people around here have been putting metal flowers in their front yards. When done right, they can be very pretty. And no watering! I almost missed this one as we passed by.


We turned around and went back for a closer look.









We also passed another yard with these, but they are not near as pretty.



“Even steel can learn the shape of joy.”


12 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

They add color and are pretty, and they last longer than regular flowers. But I like regular flowers better. I like the quote!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

It is pretty from a distance, but you cannot beat the real thing.

Ann said...

What a fun way to have flowers in your yard. I agree, the first ones are much prettier.

Shug said...

I so enjoy the colors that brighten the areas. I even have a few in my backyard this year. And you are so right...no watering. These look so pretty Ginny

Martha Jane Orlando said...

These are oddly attractive, Ginny, and not having to water them is definitely a perk.

Mari said...

They are a good way to add a colorful accent to the yard!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Ginny,
I love the bright colors. :-)

photowannabe said...

Adding Color to your Life ...
Sue

Red Rose Alley said...

Ooooo, those are pretty. I like the colorful ones on the same branch. And the blue tulips are delightful too. This is a good idea if you don't want to spend too much time watering flowers and plants. Water bills can be expensive too.

**It was such a joy to learn that you had paper dolls growing up. There is just something about them. And Yes, I remember pickup sticks too!

DeniseinVA said...

They are a lovely addition to a garden. The first ones were my favorite too.

HappyK said...

Nice and colorful but I'd rather see real flowers. :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

My favorite s are the ones in the fourth picture down from the top. Very pretty.

New Cat!

 I bet you have probably heard by now that a new wild cat has been discovered! For the first time in 100 years. It's so nice to see a ne...