Saturday, April 10, 2010

Glenn Falls













This is where Phil and I went with our friend today. Glenn Falls is amazing. For one reason, because it has a double water source. Another is that it is right on the highway. An incredible, amazing wonder to encounter just by surprise when you are driving. It is about thirty minutes from here, and the weather was wonderful and sunny. Who could ask for more? Our very own little Eden for a few minutes out of the day. I want to thank my blogging friend Betsy, from Joyful Reflections, for this day. The rare gift of a perfect oasis in the midst of a busy, stressful time. Betsy and her husband went here, too, and she posted it on her blog. I saw it and realized how close it was, and from then on, could hardly wait to go! Thank you so much, Betsy!!



"He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me."

2 Samuel 22:17,20

9 comments:

DawnTreader said...

What a lovely spot! Beautiful.

MadSnapper said...

Hi there Betsy! OOPS i mean Ginny. awesome falls, beautiful couple. just teasing on the betsy who loves all waterfalls. I think you know her site, if not let me know by email.
I am suffering from blog clog and no inspiration for bloggin, I am not ignoring you. if I am not here every day I will be back.

From the Kitchen said...

Isn't Virginia an amazingly beautiful state? When I drive home (it is home) in the fall, I get choked up as I begin the descent into the valley. On our second date with my husband, I prepared a picnic and we went up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a glorious fall day. Thanks for sharing this beautiful waterfall.

Best,
Bpnnie

Betsy Banks Adams said...

WOW Ginny..... So glad you all got to see it... Isn't it beautiful???? AND--it is so close to you. Glad we could share our 'find' with you!!!!

Love the picture of you and PHil in front of the falls... SO SPECIAL..... Hope George and I get to meet you two someday.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I'm glad you made it to Glenn Falls. It truly is beautiful and was a wonderful surprise for us as we rounded that curve.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a beautiful place. The tree that is blooming looks so pretty also.

From the Kitchen said...

Thank you for the kind words, my dear! Now, be sure and get yourself down to Roanoke to market. It's right downtown on Campbell Ave and runs to, I think, Church Ave. Of course, summer is the best time to go when all the produce is out.

Best,
Bonnie

SquirrelQueen said...

When I first opened you blog and saw the waterfall I thought I was on Betsy's blog, LOL!

That is a gorgeous falls, it looks like a peaceful place to spend some time. I love the photo of you and Phil.

Hope you have had a wonderful weekend,
Judy

SquirrelQueen said...

Hi Ginny,
That photo is from 2008, you don't want to know how many files I have.
If you want to just pick any photo you want to tell about that is always fun too. It's all just for fun.
Judy

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!