Friday, October 20, 2017

I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

A few weeks ago, I read that on this one night, we could see the dark side of the moon! Now I know that the moon always keeps the same side turned toward us, so I could not figure out how this could be. Turns out it was something about the sun shining on parts of the moon that it usually doesn't. Anyway, fortunately there were not clouds on that night! So here you have it...the dark side of the moon. My very last shot is the normal side for comparison. I can tell a difference.




Here is the side of the moon we always see.

“The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light. For those who lived in a land of deep shadows— light!”
Isaiah 9

14 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Hi Ginny, your moon shots are always fantastic!

Linda said...

YOU are so amazing! Such awesome photos!

Filip and Kristel said...

Unbelievable pictures, did you take them? Top.

Greetings,
Filip

Ann said...

Amazing as usual. I'm simply fascinated by the moon

Hootin Anni said...

Spectacular images Ginny!

Annie said...

I had no idea. What a treat to see the difference. Great shots, my friend.

George said...

Fascinating! Well done!

MadSnapper said...

there is a difference and now I know what it means when I read, dark side of the moon, never really thought about it when I read it... you do take fantastic moon shots

Chatty Crone said...

The photos are just incredible!!!!!!!!

Ann said...

Just came across your blog, seems like your posts are very inspired. I will be following.
Ann

DawnTreader said...

Always looks like you were up there, quite close, to take your moon pictures!!! :o

Carla from The River said...

How do you do it? You are so good at capturing the moon! Great photos my friend!
Carla

Ruth Hiebert said...

You get some of the best moon shots.

Tamago said...

Fascinating photos of the moon! I’m always amazed how you capture the details!

Nervous At Hobby Lobby

 Next to our parked car at Hobby Lobby, we spotted these two cuties. They were clearly nervous and shaky. But then, when is a Chihuahua not ...