Friday, February 16, 2018

The Stranger

There were lots of Canada Geese swimming around on the local pond.

And there was a stranger among them! See how his tail forms a black X?

The geese were checking him out.


They decided that he was very different from them, so quite a few decided to shun him by leaving the pond and going across the street.

Too bad they didn't know how special he is. He is a Snow Goose! And he had come a long way.

But the good part is that he now had the pond almost all to himself. Swim on, little buddy.

The snowbird sings the song he always sings
And speaks to me of flowers
That will bloom again in spring

So, little snowbird, take me with you when you go
To that land of gentle breezes where the peaceful waters flow

Written by Gene MacLellan

“Don’t abuse or take advantage of strangers; you, remember, were once strangers in Egypt.
Exodus 22

14 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Glad it ended up well for hom in the pond. Good images. Have a wonderful weekend.

Ann said...

He looks so happy swimming in that pond. I remember when Anne Murray sung Snowbird. I'll be humming the song all day now :)

Christine said...

Lovely photos of the geese and I think this might be the first time I've seen a Snow Goose up close.
Hope he is happy and has friends nearby!

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh how pretty, Ginny! I hope your little buddy finds more of his kind soon, as no one likes being alone. :) Lovingly~ Andrea xxx

MadSnapper said...

I love this story, i thought it would be an ugly duckling story, but this is even better. he sure is pretty and he sure stands out from the crowd.... hope he did not get bullied because he was different.

Nancy Chan said...

The snow goose is beautiful! Too bad the other geese didn't appreciate a new friend!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I hope the beautiful snowbird has a buddy around and isn't all alone! It would be interesting to know if he sticks around or flies away home, wherever that may be.

Chatty Crone said...

The snow duck was actually the prettiest. I always love odd ducks as I am one of them.

Hootin Anni said...

I like snow geese & their painted-on smile!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Snow Goose is a good looking bird. We sometimes have large flocks go them come through.

Tamago said...

Good for Snow Goose to have gotten the pond almost to himeself :-) He is beautiful! And Canada Geese are so cute. They are fun to watch :-)

Ann said...

The snow goose is truly beautiful and now has plenty of room to swim. Funny how even animals go off to others like themselves.
Ann

Joanne said...


What a beauty! I kind of feel sorry for him though. I hope another snow goose comes along to be his friend :0)
Blessings, Joanne

Carla from The River said...

Oh my, I feel sorry for him. I am in hopes he finds some friends. I am just glad he is well. Not easy flying in such crazy weather we have had.

Our Lawn

 I always look forward to the Dandelions. They look like spots of sunshine in the yard after a dreary winter. We have quite a lot. I found t...