Monday, August 5, 2019

They've Got What It Takes!

Finally, the dogs came in! They are all Labs because this breed is the easiest to adapt to new situations, and they remain calm. They begin training at 3 days!



They went through the course calmly and well.



The swinging bridge was a bit frightening to them, but most handled it well.


Of course there were a few "nosy" ones that got quite off the course. One ran over to Phil and tried to jump in his lap! Everyone howled with laughter.


They dropped heavy objects behind the dogs, making a loud crash. The dogs did not react. 
They ate meat sandwiches in front of the dogs. They did not beg.They put a big scary doll in front of a dog. No reaction.

They ran a very loud vacuum in a dog's face. No reaction.

The dogs calmly let then put on large bulky harnesses.

They flew large rubber bats with flashing red eyes around in the air.  No reaction from the dogs.

They brought a scary person out, covered in creepy blankets. The dogs did not care.

This dog opened the fridge, got out the proper food, then closed the fridge.


Tomorrow I will show you the one thing that all the dogs did most of the time. Can you guess?

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
 ~Author Unknown

15 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Let people pet and didn't bite or bark?

Nancy Chan said...

That dog must have liked Phil a lot and wanted to be friends with Phil. Fun to watch the training in person. Looking forward to your next post! Happy Tuesday!

Natalia said...

I love,love, love dogs☺☺

Ann said...

WOW, they start training at 3 days? They truly are remarkable dogs being able to do all these things. I can only imagine how poorly Gibbs would do at something like this...lol
That's funny that the one dog ran to Phil

Rose said...

It is amazing what they can do.

Sue said...

Labradors are so amazing, they make great service dogs!
Thank you for sharing.
Sue

MadSnapper said...

everything you describe here is what Big does. he is part black lab and part who knows. we think he got most of his genes from the lab. these dogs are amazing and all so beautiful. I must say as I went through the slide show TWICE I noticed that the people watching look bored to tears, there is only one smile in the whole bunch. when I watch things like this my face is smiling along with my heart... made me wonder why they were there. no one looks impressed but I sure am and would have been. when the labs came to demorstrate at the nursing home, the faces of the residents were lit up with smiles

Hootin Anni said...

Such impressive behavior & composure. I'm loving this.

Sandi said...

Sweet puppies!

My guess...sleep or play. :)


Tamago said...

They are very smart! I love how the doggie got the proper food from the fridge and didn't forget to close the door :-)
I'm guessing what they do most of the times is to let people hug and pet them?

photowannabe said...

I love these dogs too. They are so sweet.
there are several people at our church that are caregivers and trainers of guidedogs and comfort dogs.
They bring them to church to acclimate them to crowds and noise. Wonderful to see them at work.

DeniseinVA said...

It must have been very interesting to see the dogs go through their training. I have certainly enjoyed watching thanks to your super photos. Thanks Ginny!

LC said...

The dogs are amazing but it is also amazing that the training demonstration is a spectator event or
is it limited to families applying for a service dog?

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...the purple berries ARE edible, but has a strong medicinal taste. Not good.

L. D. said...

They all look like so good dogs. People will be so happy to have them for the help and comfort they provide.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!