Saturday, January 23, 2021

Sunday Sunset - Eyes In The Sky

I took these photos of the sun setting over a silo several years ago. It occured to me that the holes in the clouds look like eyes in the sky. It reminds me of how God always sees us and is watching over us.



Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I get up;
You understand my thought from far away.
 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,

And are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, Lord, You know it all.
You have encircled me behind and in front,
And placed Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot comprehend it.

       Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;

If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

       If I take up the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
 Even there Your hand will lead me,

And Your right hand will take hold of me.

      
Psalm 139


17 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful bible passage for today. And awesome sky.

Sandi said...

Even there... amen.

Martha said...

It really does look like eyes in the sky!

George said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful verse with your wonderful pictures. They go together very well.

photowannabe said...

What an awesome promise.
Psm.139 is one of my favorites.
Sue

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Your passage sums up the week I've had...thank you...jp

CheerfulMonk said...

Thanks. ❤️πŸ’•

Ann said...

wonderful passage and beautiful sky. Those do look like eyes.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those verse. it is a comfort to know that God is always watching me and caring for me.

Rose said...

One of my favorite Bible passages.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Great shots and I an thankful God is always present in our lives. Have a great week ahead Ginny

Reanaclaire said...

Regardless of what lies ahead, our future is in our Lord's hand and He will carry us through...

Ella said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful psalm!
Thank you!

Chatty Crone said...

The beam is trying so hard to get out and down!

Mari said...

Beautiful sky and verses to go with it!

DeniseinVA said...

Stunning photos and lovely words :)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Amen and hallelujah! The heavens declare the glory of God. xoxo

Into the Green

  While making a trip over Afton Mountain for a doctor appointment, I was fascinated by the beautiful green. The way the sun was shining on ...