Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Imposters

 Just some beautiful Peonies with the sun shining on them. But wait a minute!! I found these in front of the Garden Center. But it is only right now, as I look closer, that I see they are not real!!! Look at the edges, they have some fraying and are fabric!! Plus you can see the weave in the fabric. Well, I NEVER! But I do wish I knew how much they cost.





Peonies At Dusk

White peonies blooming along the porch
send out light
while the rest of the yard grows dim.

Outrageous flowers as big as human
heads! They’re staggered
by their own luxuriance: I had
to prop them up with stakes and twine.

The moist air intensifies their scent,
and the moon moves around the barn
to find out what it’s coming from.

In the darkening June evening
I draw a blossom near, and bending close

search it as a woman searches
a loved one’s face.

Jane Kenyon
search it as a woman searches

14 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

They're still pretty!

DeniseinVA said...

You took great photos of them. I would never have known they were fabric. Lovely poem!

Reanaclaire said...

Wow, the flowers looks so unreal.. I thought they were paper roses at first.. so beautiful!!

Ann said...

I thought they were real. They sure are pretty.

MadSnapper said...

the good thing about artifical is no ants on the flowers. they do look real until i zoom in and see the frays and I did not see the frays in the header until after i read the post. My mother would fill her yard with these. she once wired fake flowers all over her winter dead bushes in the back yard and when I looked out her kitchen window the bird bath was surround by pink flowers... I said MOTHER WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Mari said...

Wow! They are pretty and really do look real!

roentare said...

Beautiful roses

Jeanette said...

The do look real!

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't even notice or believe it until I looked at the frayed edges.

happyone said...

They sure look real!!

DawnTreader said...

Even when you told us, I could not see it until I got the photos up on my big screen.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, they are so pretty. Love the color. I would have never thought they were silk flowers. Peonies was a favorite flower of my cousin who passed away. They remind me of her.

~Sheri

Jenny the Pirate said...

I must say Ginny, those are the most convincing fake peonies I have ever seen! They'd look great in a door basket. xoxo

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I would never have known they were fabric--even after reading your post. They look very real to me.

It's amazing how real today's artificial plants look. Sometimes when I'm in a building I have to touch the leaves to tell.

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...