In the grocery store, I was delighted to see these balloons. I have never seen a Dragonfly balloon before!
I have this photo in a book of a Dragonfly's eyes seen microscopically.
Many dragonflies have
up to 30,000 lenses per eye.
They also had this cute Cockatiel.
·
Dragonflies are aerial predators with about
3,000 known species
·
They’re incredibly fast, reaching ~35 mph and
even flying backward.
·
Dragonflies are older than dinosaurs, and used
to be the size of birds
·
In Indonesia,
dragonflies are considered to be a delicious snack.
16 comments:
Those balloons are so cute. The microscopic picture of a dragonfly eye is fascinating.
I'm sure glad I don't live in Indonesia. I would not want to snack on dragonflies.
I can't imagine eating them - and I think I'm rather glad they aren't really of balloon size... ;)
I've never seen balloons like these either, Ginny. Wow! And thanks for sharing those amazing facts about dragonflies. Who knew?
Wow, those are so unusual! I really like the details on the dragonfly. I don't want to snack on them though. :)
I really like our dragon flies. Fun to watch them as they lay wait for their prey. They get to know their area - our yard so are not bothered by us when we're nearby.
Adorable balloons and the header photo is cute cute and more cute. Interesting facts about the dragon flies. Things that I did not know. They are way too precious for me to consider having as a snack.
What clever balloons! Neat post. I haven't seen a dragonfly in years.
Interesting facts about dragonflies. Most of them I did not know.
The balloons are really cute.
Unusual balloons!! So nice.
30,000 lenses. Guess they can see great. Not for eating tho. Chatty
I'm glad those dragonflies aren't the size of birds anymore!!! Amazing facts Ginny, thanks for sharing that. Also, that photo of its eyes. Nature truly is incredible! Fun balloons too.
Oh, I love that balloon dragonfly. So colorful.
I saw at least 6 little real orange colored dragonflies in our backyard this morning. There was no way I could snap a shot of them. Talk about flitting around so fast. I love seeing them this time of year.
Sue
These are fabulous. Love the design and colours
Those balloons are so cute.
In Indonesia, flying termites are considered a delicacy, too. And bat wings charred over a fire. (I used to live in Indonesia)
Those dragonfly's eyes are so interesting. What a cute dragonfly balloon. I didn't know they were older than dinosaurs, oh my. And considered to be a snack in Indonesia. I don't think I could nibble on a dragonfly haha.
I always loved dragon flies and knew none of this, until 1 day I saw one attack a butterfly and kill it in our back yard, after I researched I did not like them anymore. but they are beautiful and this one is adorable
Post a Comment