Tuesday, July 21, 2026

The World Cup

 Did you watch the World Cup? I did for a bit, just to see the spectacle. And here are the coolest, courtesy of my couch and the T.V.







And the trophy



I thought the back of Jennifer Hudson's dress was prettier than the front

And of course, Kermit & Miss Piggy!

“Football is the most beautiful game because it belongs to everyone.”

— Zinedine Zidane


19 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you! We don’t have TV so I didn’t watch it.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I'm not a soccer fan, Ginny, but I did love seeing the celebrations and the excitement of our wonderful visitors from around the world. Great photos!

Ann said...

I did not watch the world cup. I'm not into sports at all. That crowd is crazy. Way too many people in one place.

Mari said...

I'm one of few that didn't watch it. But I would have enjoyed the Muppets! :)

HappyK said...

I din't watch any of it. Not into sports at all! Wow what a lot of people.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you posted these photos. Honestly, I didn't see any of it. My son and grandson watched every single second!

Red Rose Alley said...

These are awesome pictures, Ginny. Yes, I saw some of the World Cup on tv in the distance when visiting with my family. And this football quote is so true. My son played for many years, and the game belonged to everyone. : )

photowannabe said...

Yes we watched most of it and even though I didn't understand a lot of the rules it was fun to watch and see the excitement from different countries.
Sue

Carla from The River said...

Hi Miss Piggy and Kermit. :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you, happy you shared as I did not see this.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

We didn't watch any of it - we both had other things going on.

roentare said...

Truly a spectacle as you said it

DawnTreader said...

I didn't watch any of it except perhaps some unavoidable snippets on the news. I never took any interest at all in football/soccer.

Anonymous said...

You forgot the photo of sore losers Argentina starting a brawl with Spain...good times.

Shug said...

I did watch some of the soccer games even though it's not one of my favorite games. Our local school added soccer a couple of years ago and the kids are all enjoying it maybe even more so than football. I know other countries are really big into this sport...just look at the crowds. Happy Thursday Ginny.

photowannabe said...

Thanks for asking about out apple on the tree.
No its at the end of its "life". It was the one and only fruit on our tree and never got big, never ripened and just shriveled up to nothing due to the heat for days on end.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We didn't watch any of the World Cup as neither or us are sports fans, However, I read about the play offs and they did seem very exciting. The TV views certainly provided the best views of all the activities without the expense of a ticket.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I only watched one--the one between Norway and England--ad that was only because I was visiting someone who was watching it.

Old Prairie Moonlight said...

I didn’t watch the World Cup this year, but I loved seeing your photos. My friend was telling me about the countries that fell in love with our ranch dressing. It seems funny to think that that is America’s gift to the World Cup. I hope you have a wonderful summer. Gayla

Hidden

 I would like to know WHY some people grow gorgeous plants, and then hide them away from view!! Like this lovely Crepe Myrtle is hidden in o...