Our neighbor's Gladiolus are in full bloom. His entire yard is full of them!
Though they are very stunning, I have never liked them. This is because they are the #1 flower you see at funerals. So they remind me of death. Is there a flower you dislike for some reason?
“Gladiolus
flowers are often associated with strength and courage, hence the name ‘sword
lily.” Gladius is from the Latin word sword.”
17 comments:
Gladiolas remind me of my mother -- she had them in her yard. Gardenias remind me of funerals. ❤️
I never thought about that with gladiolas. We had them planted around our house when I was growing up. They were always so top heavy though that they would be laying on the ground. These are pretty.
Hello, my friend. I appreciate your knowledge of nature so much. I think I tell you this often, but I always learn something from your posts. I don't know enough about flowers to name one I dislike, but sometimes I think the scent of flowers reminds me of a funeral. Hugs and stay cool!
I've never cared much for them either, but I like the color of your neighbor's gladiolus flowers. I've never cared much for the Iris either. My favorites are carnations and roses, of course. It's so nice that you notice things around the neighborhood, Ginny. That makes for a good neighbor.
I was thinking how pretty they were but can understand your dislike of them. What I do like is that lovely wooden door :)
I LOVE glads!!! Beautiful colors, and they last so long when cut! Never associated them with funerals ~
bobbie
I can see how they got their name, Ginny. No, I don't have a negative thought when I see these beautiful flowers.
Oh, I love Gladiolas. I grew them once in my old house before moving here. Beautiful.
I'm GLAD all over too. These remind me of my folks garden. There were always Glads growing there.
Sue
Wow beautiful.
I am not a fan of irises. I don't know why...
But I love hydrangeas because they remind me of my grandma.
I was thinking how pretty they look.
Funny, gladiolas always remind me of funerals as well. But they are pretty. Flowers are just pretty:) I cannot imagine having an entire yard of them, though. Happy July to you!
I love Gladiolus - my grandma's name was Glady's!
Gladiolas always make me think of funerals. They're such a pretty flower though.
Ha, Gladiolas are one of my favorite flowers Ginny.
The color of these are amazing.
:-)
They are really pretty, but you have a good point. I never thought of that before.
Post a Comment