On the 4th of July, we loved watching the Tall Ships on T.V. I took a few photos. O.K., a lot of photos. But they were so majestic!
This was my favorite
And there was something that really surprised me about the ships. It kind of stunned me to see it. Do you know what it may be? You will in my next post.
"I
must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky; and all I ask is
a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
–
John Masefield
11 comments:
I wish I had remembered this and I'm glad you did. What an incredible sight this would be. You took great photos Ginny!
It's a miracle they don't capsize from all the fat people on board.
The tall ships usually come to Erie once a year. I went to see them once. They really are quite impressive. We were going to tour one but the admission price was a bit ridiculous. These photos are impressive.
Majestic really is the right word to describe them. They are beautiful. We were able to go on a short cruise on one quite a few years ago. It was a great experience.
You now have me going back and looking at each photo over and over again, trying to figure out what you see that I am not seeing. These ships are beautiful...
Those ships are so grand, aren't they! Your photos from the tv, look great. I can't figure it out, Ginny. ❓❓❓
Love the Tall Ships. Wish we could see them for real sometime.
You take great photos from the tv too.
Sue
For me it’s how tall the sails are. I love the “and a star to steer her by.” I don’t care about the sip so much, for me it’s the star to steer by.
The tall ships sometimes come up to Lake Superior. I might get to see them in person. :-)
Very impressive.
These ships are so GRAND! I enjoyed seeing them all. That second picture is so cool. I like your favorite one too! Have a happy July week, Ginny.
Post a Comment