Sunday, July 5, 2026

Red, White, & Honk

 The Big Cat was dressed up for the 4th, but I think not as fancy as the cow was.



A couple geese in the neighborhood started feeling left out, so they decided to dress up, too.



I always like to post our granddaughter's first time with sparklers. Can you see how scared she was? She is 20 years old now!


“All dressed up and ready to honk at destiny.”


14 comments:

๐ŸŒบ Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I love Big Cat.

Chatty Crone said...

Your granddaughter was so cute.
I agree the cow was better dressed. The duck was cute too.

Ann said...

The big cat is less flashy than the cow but always looks impressive. The geese look very festive too.
I love that picture of Anne Marie. I remember this one. She was so adorable.

Cheerful Monk said...

Sweet picture of your granddaughter! ❤️

photowannabe said...

Love the picture of your granddaughter so many years ago. Its perfect...speaking of Purrr fect , love the cat and her understated decor. The geese are great too.
Sue

Bobbie said...

Oh she is so adorable!! And I can remember when she was little! Time passes way too fast.

DeniseinVA said...

That is an adorable photo of your granddaughter. Cat is suitably dressed for the 4th, as is Goose 1 and Goose 2.

Billie Jo said...

Your granddaughter is so precious in that photo!!!!!! They grow so fast. I was just thinking this morning that my firstborn is almost 30!!!! Thanks for sharing the fun, my friend. Have a cozy afternoon!

Carla from The River said...

Oh Ginny, the photo of your granddaughter with the sparkler, it is so sweet.
I cannot believe she is 20!!
Do you get to see her often?

DawnTreader said...

I think that cat has got a better sense of style than the cow... ;)

HappyK said...

Love the big cat. She is tastefully attired. :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Am I missing something? I don't see a picture of big cow.
Your granddaughter's face in that very cute picture reminds me of me. I was always scared of sparklers.

Asep Haryono said...


Happy Fourth of July, my friend! I'm sorry I'm a little late in sending my wishes.

The big cat statue is really interesting. By the way, there's a city in the world whose name refers to a cat,Kuching, one of the cities in Malaysia. I thought you might find that interesting!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I was terrified of sparklers too, as a kid. But I've always loved to dress up, hahaha xoxo

Sunday Sunset

  “Don’t forget: Beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies…” Paulo Coelho