Earlier this week, we went to the Emily Couric Cancer Center for Phil's annual checkup.
The building is named for Emily Couric, who passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2001. She was a senator from Virginia and the sister of popular broadcaster Katie Couric.
- Emily was instrumental in establishing UVA’s cancer clinic, working with UVA leaders to design a centralized, patient‑focused facility and helping secure funding. Katie Couric helped dedicate the center at its opening ceremony in 2011.
- They have a cute snack bar.
- Cheerful walls and pretty artwork.
This particular painting uses a drip method, which I will never understand.
- This was on the receptionist's desk.
- Ahead of us on the way home was this amazing cloud.
“Her voice was steady, her purpose bright — a senator with a heart tuned to healing. Where her footsteps ended, hope continued growing.”
12 comments:
What an impressive looking place that is. Hope all went well with Phil’s appointment
It looks like a great place. Praying Phil's checkup was good.
Amazing cloud!
I too am praying that Phil's check up had a good report.
The hospital is so lovely . I like that there is color instead of sterile walls.
The cloud looks like a dollop of whipped cream.
Sue
Prayers for good news on Phil's check-up results. It's a great looking building and a wonderful dedication to Emily Couric. Her sister Katie was born in Arlington, Virginia so their roots are here. That cloud is spectacular. I've been taking a few myself over the last few days, but nothing like this. Beautifully captured!
What a lovely place! I hope the results were good —. appointments like that can be scary. ❤️
That really is an impressive hospital. Our town is getting something similar - Sierra Pacific Regional Cancer Center which will treat every kind of cancer. Its not opened yet - maybe in a month or so. Since we're not near any big city and the rural mountain communities will be able to benefit and not have to go to Sacramento and other metro cities.
I sure hope you get a excellent report on Phil. 🙏
Impressive. Hope Phil's checkup went well. Ken's dad died from that quite a few years ago. Amazing cloud formation.
I too hope that Phil's checkup went well. It's nice when hospitals also manage some creativity in decorating their waiting rooms and corridors!
This is a special clinic, helping those who have this dreadful illness. I'm so sorry that the lady it was named after passed away. The colorful walls are nice, and I like that flamingo. I hope Phil's appt. went well. What beautiful clouds you saw on your way home, Ginny.
Hope Phil got a still clear and I agree, this is really impressive. bright and cheery and that is a strange cloud formation for sure
It all looks so colorful and cheery.
I'm glad that this place is there for Phil. I hope everything went well. Both my maternal grandmother and my mother died of pancreatic cancer. I can't help but think it may very well be in my future. I hope not! xoxo 🏴☠️
Post a Comment