Sunday, August 9, 2026

The Caps

 The yard up the street has Turk's Cap Lilies. They point downward like Tiger Lilies.





Their speckles aren’t random; they act as nectar guides, little dotted maps for pollinators.


                                                        “The lily bends, but never breaks.”

15 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you! I had never seen them before.

Ann said...

They are so pretty. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this kind before

Mari said...

They are so pretty! I haven't seen them in awhile!

Shug said...

It was exciting to see this beautiful header pop up. This is one of my favorite lilies... I love the fragrance that they give off. Beautiful!!

Jeanette said...

Those are interesting liliies!

photowannabe said...

Love everything about these lovely lilies.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

The Happy Whisk said...

Stunning tiger lillys.

Red Rose Alley said...

Aren't those pretty. Their design is something else. And the color is striking. I also wanted to thank you for letting me know about the African daisies. They did look like the daisy to me. You are so knowledgeable with the flowers and plants, Ginny. Have a wonderful August week.

Susan Kane said...

Such a variety of lilies! This one is especially beautiful.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Those are so pretty! I don't believe I've ever seen them before. Beautiful color!

Anonymous said...

God gives us so much nature to enjoy! My mom used to take me walking and would point out different plants and flowers. Thanks for reminding me!

Chrissy T said...

How incredibly beautiful!!!!!!!!

DeniseinVA said...

You took great photos Ginny, very pretty!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Interesting about the speckles.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I think that lilies are so fascinating. I never knew that about the speckles! God is great in HIs creativity! xoxo 🏴‍☠️

September 1st 2026

 As usual, on the first day of the month I am showing my calendar page. I think that this one has pastel colors that are not like fall!! I t...