Thursday, April 30, 2020

Mystery Abounds

This is an old house in the city of Staunton, Virginia. There are quite a few mysteries about it. Also things that I like.


Hmmm, half horse, half fish. Maybe a Merhorse?

I do love all the different big porches! There is even one over the garage.

These are the rafters under one of the porch roofs.

And they have a watch owl up on the turret!


There was also a watch cat, who was trying his best to protect the property.
Wait! I'm sure I saw someone watching us from that window, do you see them? Perhaps we have overstayed our welcome, we should leave. Quickly.

I think in a lot of cases, ghosts are history demanding to be remembered.
~Jeff Belanger







16 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

The beautiful old house looks like a house in a fairy tale book. I wonder who stays in this house. I am sure this house is rich in mysterious history. The "Merhorse", owl, cat, and someone watching from the window added to the mystery.

Ann said...

What a grand looking house that is. I just can't stop staring at the picture of it

Hootin Anni said...

Are you SURE you saw someone? Haunts! Maybe. Still, everything is beautiful.

Rose said...

That place is a beauty! I like everything about it.

George said...

This is a fascinating old house. I'm glad you found it.

Chatty Crone said...

That house is marvelous and so different - yet a little scary at the same time.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That looks lovely.

Tamago said...

That is a gorgeous old house! The owl on turret is beautiful. I love lush green surrounding the house :-)

DeniseinVA said...

A beautiful old house, a lot of character there and probably lots of history.

Natalia said...

I love those old American houses, I always admire them in movies, that one is so pretty! Stay safe and healthy everyone ☺

betty-NZ said...

Places like this certainly pique my curiosity, too! I bet it has a great history. You took some awesome photos.


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Ella said...

I will love living in such a house …
Look at all the details, she has a lot of character...
Have a great weekend Ginny!

photowannabe said...

What a grand house. I really like all the do-dads all over everything.
I do have to admit it does look a bit creepy if I let my imagination run away with it.
Sue

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I like the photo of the cat. :-)

LC said...

I love seeing, and , if possible, exploring those grand old homes, even if through someone else's camera lens. Thanks for the visit!

Annie Jeffries said...

Awesome house.

Water horse is the mythological Hippocampus.

A Full House

 While waiting in line at the drug store drive-thru, I spotted this little House Sparrow. I usually think of them as common and drab. But my...