Thursday, June 9, 2022

Slingshot

 We saw this in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I had never seen a vehicle like it.


Check it out. ONE wheel in the back!


I thought it looked like something Batman might drive.



Fortunately, there was a logo on the car.



AHA! It was a Polaris Slingshot!


Not only that, I was able to see the owner come out and drive away in it. Surprisingly, it was a very old man. And he wore a helmet.

Here is what I found out on the computer:

It is like both a car and a motorcycle, yet it is neither.

The Slingshot has a tilt-adjustable steering wheel, side-by-side bucket seats and does not lean. It has no roofdoors, or side windows, and the whole interior is waterproof so it can be hosed down and drained out using drain holes in the floor. Depending on jurisdiction, the Slingshot may be registered as a motorcycle or as an autocycle. It is classified as an autocycle in 44 states.



 


13 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Fascinating! I have never seen anything like this before.

Ann said...

Very cool. I have seen the ones with one wheel in the front and two in back but not the other way around like this one. It does look like something Batman would drive. I want a ride in it :)

Rose said...

It is so cool...

The Feminine Energy said...

I was going to say that's a Can Am motorcycle as Can Am's have one wheel in back & two in front. A Harley-Davidson Trike motorcycle has one wheel in *front* & two in back...the opposite of a Can Am. I didn't know Polaris made this type of vehicle too. Interesting. It sure is futuristic-looking, isn't it?! WOW! Nice tho, for sure. ~Andrea xoxo

Inger said...

What an interesting thing to run across. I've never heard of it before. I've said it before, you do run into so many fabulous things when you drive around or go to the store. Your blog is so full of life and fun!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

WOW!!!!

You saw the owner come out! I would have had to talk to him, and ask him all about it!!!!!!!!!

One thing, he must have a lot of money, from the look of that! Perhaps he had a Harley until he got older... and felt it was unsafe at his age. So, got this.

Ohhhh I would love to have talked to him!!!

And another cooooool blog look!

πŸ˜ŠπŸ’›πŸ˜ŠπŸ’›

photowannabe said...

Wowsers...never saw anything like that before. Glad you got some photos and got to see it drive away.
You always find the most fascinating things to post about.
Sue of photowannabe

happyone said...

We see them around here pretty often. Usually in a group and they are on their way to the lake.

George said...

We had one of these pass us on the road this morning.

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Wow that is so interesting. I never saw anything quite like that either. I love the quote, my husband bought me a necklace and earrings set and the back of the necklace has that quote, he knows I love my walks and travels. Have a lovely weekend

Debby said...

I haven't seen anything like that before. It looks like it could fly.

CheerfulMonk said...

I had never heard of them, thanks for telling us about them. Andy says he's seen them a couple of times around here...he's not going to trade his 4-wheel drive Jeep in for one. πŸ˜€

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like that before. Its owner may look old, but he must be very young at heart.

Into the Green

  While making a trip over Afton Mountain for a doctor appointment, I was fascinated by the beautiful green. The way the sun was shining on ...