Monday, June 20, 2022

Summer Solstice 2022

 Today will see the Earth soak up the maximum amount of daylight — 15 hours, 5 minutes and 37 seconds of sun in the New York area. It is the first day of summer, the Summer Solstice. So guess who we drove past?


The Big Cat, of course. And she is ready to rock 'n roll the summer! All decked out in her sunglasses, hula skirt, and shell bikini top.


I don't think she could ever be found anywhere near the water, though. She hates to get wet, but is such a fashionista that she must make a seasonal statement to all who pass by. She is always smilng when dressed appropriately.


She even has her own summer flag!


"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.'

 ~Russell Baker

 

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken."

 ~James Dent

 

14 comments:

Ann said...

This might be my favorite of all for the big cat. I love how they decorate it for seasons and holidays.

DeniseinVA said...

So cute! She is indeed a fashionista :)

Rose said...

I so wish I had a big cat! I love it when you show us what she is currently wearing.

Nancy Chan said...

Thanks to the owner for dressing up their cat. Ginny, enjoy your summer.

MadSnapper said...

I agree with Ann, this might be my favorite, she looks so cute in that skirt and I love the glasses.

Jeanette said...

Cute idea to dress the cat for the seasons! Happy Summer!

Chatty Crone said...

I remember that cat! So cute that someone takes 'care' of him.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That big cat is too much, LOL. I love seeing her outfits. This one is definitely one of my favs. It made me smile. What creative owners she has.

Mari said...

I'm happy for the longest day of the year and hate to see them getting shorter again.
The cat is looking fine!

happyone said...

Well that certainly brought a smile to my face!! : )

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Happy summer, happy cat! It is 95 today and sunny and I love it

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haaahaha that cat is quite something! Love her shell bra, hahaaha! Such a witty kitty. Summer: game on!!!! xoxo

My Tata's Cottage said...

what a sweet photo. Good to see you here. Not doing much blogging, with all that happened with Nick who is doing well. But now a new health battle for our son-in-law Roger. Having brain surgery tomorrow at 7:30 A. M. I am grateful because I know the neurosurgeon who is doing his surgery. He followed me in the 1980's after all my neurosurgery. Heis a very godly man always giving his skill and talent up to God. Roger is going to have to fight for his life so all prayers are so greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Have a beautiful week.

Anne

L. D. said...

It is a lot of fun for the viewer and I bet they had fun putting up the displays.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!