Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Backup Lights

 I have one particular hatred. It is when cars just sit in a parking lot with their backup lights on. It terrifies me to have to walk behind them, for fear they will back over me! When people are leaving a parking lot, they should get in their cars and LEAVE! Not to mention others who are waiting for their parking spot while they fuss, doing who knows what, for a haf hour.

So the other day in Kroger, we had to walk behind one of these cars. It was dark as well, so it would have been hard for them to see us walking behind. I was pondering going to their door and having a talk with them, so I looked over to see who the driver was.


It was a DOG!!



Well, what could I do but laugh...


A friend may smile and bid you hail,
Yet wish you with the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
~The Sentinel, 1920


12 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you looked. It's cute.

Hootin Anni said...

A "bark-a-lounger"!??!

Rose said...

Love Anni's comment.

MadSnapper said...

too funny, and sweet! and you did not have to worry about it backing out. I try to never walk behind a car with lights on or someone sitting in it. i walk way over to the other side or in front of it. most of the people here are over the age of 65 and can't see out over their shoudlers or the steering wheel

The Feminine Energy said...

I still can't figure out why a car's backup lights would be on & only a dog would be inside. :-O Am I missing something? Undoubtedly I am and it's certainly not odd for that to happen these days. *haha* ~Andrea xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh wow Ginny, you are on my same page! I hate walking (and driving, if I'm being honest) in parking lots to begin with, and then you add the lights and you're right: it's terrifying! Haahahaa but that dog was no threat to you, I am happy to have learned. Happy week to you! xoxo

Chatty Crone said...

That is cute - but why were the back up lights on?

happyone said...

Funny to discover the driver was a dog. :)

Jeanette said...

I don't think the dog would have understood! Cute!

Ann said...

LOL, that is just too funny. I wonder how he managed to have the back up lights on.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Ohg my goodness, Ginny, do you think he made the backup lights go on somehow??? Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - good to catch up ♥

Sue said...

This is so funny, I agree about the lights too! Blessings,
Sue

A Good Neighbor

 Our next-door neighbor's house is very close to ours. Our house is on the left and theirs is on the right. Our back doors face each oth...