Saturday, September 9, 2023

Sunday Sunset

 This sunset is from about two evenings ago.







Several of you have asked what all these tall lights are in my sunset posts. So in my next post I will show you what is on the ground there, instead of the sky. And the reason for the lights. Something very special just happened to be going on while we were snapping for this post. And you will have a front row seat.

“The color has faded out of the sky. It is grey, becoming darker as the world turns herself round a little more. The clouds are long and black and ragged, like the wings of stormbattered dragons.”

– Keri Hulme



13 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful! You have captured amazing sky scenes here :)

Ann said...

So pretty. And it looks so different at all the stages.
Can't wait to see what was going on.

MadSnapper said...

wow and wow again on the first one! it looks like a painting, to me it is stunning, even more that the gorgeous colors in the others. can't wait to see what is under the lights. I love the photos that show them. maybe a high school football field?

Mari said...

Beautiful sky shots once again! Now I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the story.

Sandi said...


Magnificent!

Red Rose Alley said...

The skies look like Autumn, Ginny. Such beautiful sunsets. I'd have to say that first one is my favorite. It's just sooooo pretty. How I miss seeing the sun rise in my old town. The tall pines here hide the view of the sunrise, and I have to drive to see it. ; )

~Sheri

happyone said...

Breathtaking skies.
Thinking the lights must be at a stadium of some kind.

photowannabe said...

Again so lovely..
To answer your question on my blog.
The broken window was at an antique and thrift store in a very small and dying town a short distance from us. I don't know the answer as to why..but when I saw it I knew I just had to photograph it.
Sue

roentare said...

Wonderful skies and sunset series. They are beautiful.

Debby said...

God's workmanship is on display! Gorgeous.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Lovely sunset ๐ŸŒ‡ pictures ๐Ÿ“ธ. We've had a fee good ones lately too. I just just view it from window or sidewalk. Have a good week.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Beautiful skies! W O W ! Have a great week !

Carla from The River said...

Great photos my dear Ginny!! :-)

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...