Friday, September 1, 2023

Running

 Yesterday was the first cross country run of the school year. We were there to support our middle granddaughter Dara.


There were several schools running.


The main thing was water! It was so hot that they had huge jugs of it under each school's tent.



Here is Phil & our son Mike waiting near the finish line.



And finally, here is Dara. Even though she was covered in sweat and so miserable and exhausted, she managed to give me a big smile and heads up! On the way home we saw many interesting things, which will be my next posts.


Life is short. Running makes it seem longer.

Baron Hansen

13 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

It looks way too hot to be running, but I'm glad they had plenty of water. I burst out laughing at the quote. 😊

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I am glad your granddaughter survived running a race with the heat. Thankful there was water. We finally had rain on Thursday. Evenings seem cooler already!!

MadSnapper said...

if i were to run it would make my life shorter. LOL.. after running like that in the heat I would not even be able to give the thumbs up. glad you had a sunny day and no rain.

Ann said...

I never liked to run no matter what the weather or temperature. Way to go Dara.

roentare said...

You are such a great pair of parents. Supporting the children.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh Ginny I remember those days - so much fun. She looked so hot poor thing. Glad you were there.

Mari said...

Good for Dara! I'm very impressed with cross country runners. I could never do it!

Jeanette said...

Good for her! It was a hot day to be running!

photowannabe said...

Love that quote and I totally agree!
Great shots of the running and Dara. Good for her to push through the HOT!
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

Well done Dara! She did great running in all that heat!

happyone said...

Way to go Dara!!! :)

Carla from The River said...

High Fives to your Dara!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, I can't even imagine running in that heat. Glad Dara was none the worst for it. Lovely smile.

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...