Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Gone To The Dogs

 We were at our granddaughter's cross-country run today. Many people had brought their dogs with them, as it was a large grassy area. But one dog stuck out to me. I have never seen one like it.



He has the build of a Corgi, but Cocker Spaniel ears and tail.


Maybe I should say "her" because the dog appeared to be pregnant, but also acted very old. The kids were all over him.


Would anyone know what breed this dog is? Or maybe a mixed breed? I think it is unusual looking for sure.

“A dog is so often the answer — when you're lonely and need company, or when you're tired of company and need lonely.”

~Robert Brault


11 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

The head doesn't seem to match the body! I'm glad it got nice attention from the kids.

roentare said...

Looks the body is out of proportion to the head. Friends of mine adopted a dog like that too.

Ann said...

It looks like a very sweet little dog.

MadSnapper said...

I think she is a grossly overweight long haired dachshund.

Mari said...

I think MadSnapper is right. My friend had that variety and looked just like that, but not so overweight.

Carol said...

I believe Madsnapper may be correct on this one. Looks like an overweight older dog and I am grateful that the kids were loving on it.

Carla from The River said...

I think Madsnapper is right on. Overweight indeed!!! Sometimes you cannot help one's self to make a dog fat... they are kinda of cute when short and fat. ;-)

photowannabe said...

Oh my..that dog seems grossly overweight and out of proportion.. Glad the kids are loving on it though.
Sue

happyone said...

Sounds like the dog has been identified though it does look overweight!!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Definitely unusual looking, but seems to be a sweet-natured dog.

DeniseinVA said...

I think Sandra is right on her ID. Cute dog!

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...