Friday, April 26, 2024

Wild Violets

 The wild Violets are growing in yards everywhere now! They are so sweet. We have quite a few in our yard, and I hate for them to be mowed down.



Notice there are some white ones here! Although the name suggests the flower's color, the violet comes in blue, purple, white, green, and even pale gray.

                                                                                      
                                                                                        
                                                                                      
                                                                                      




  "Violets smell like burnt sugar cubes that have been dipped in lemon and velvet."

- Diane Ackerman


16 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

ve rain and rain all weekend. Hoping we can begin to plant after Mother's Day which is usually the last snow, if there is snow to be had. Hsve a nice weekend.

CheerfulMonk said...

I’ve never seen wild violets. That must be neat. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ann said...

They're so pretty. I know a lot of people prefer a lush green lawn but I like when you see things like this growing in the grass.

roentare said...

Beautiful sea of purples

Shug said...

I have never seen violets growing like this. I know they make for a beautiful scene on the lawns. such a sweet quote....causes the mind to go to a sweet place with lemon and velvet. Enjoy a great weekend...

Jeanette said...

So pretty!

MadSnapper said...

I am thinking i would let the grass grow until they die. they are truly amazing to me. can you bring a few inside? in a pot or in a vase? I would be trying

DeniseinVA said...

Aren't those beautiful! I wouldn't want them mowed either. Sweet quote!

Chatty Crone said...

There was a slice of cake I once bought at Fresh Market - it was lemon and Lavendar - it was truly the best flavored cake I have ever had.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The wild villets are always so lovely to see and yes it seems a shame to mow them down, but then eventually needs muct, unfortunately.

Carla from The River said...

Wow, a carpet of flowers.. right up my alley. :-)

Rose said...

I am so with you on the violets...they were in some of my flowers and I did not consider them weeds at all. Even their leaves are pretty.

Jenny the Pirate said...

That color is just about the prettiest thing I have ever seen! xoxo

Red Rose Alley said...

I can see why you wouldn't want the violets to be mowed down. They are sweet, and such a pretty color. Isn't that something that they come in different colors. I didn't realize that. I'd love to see them in blue. Blue flowers make my heart smile.

~Sheri

Ida said...

I love those little violets, them smell so good.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

We have these too. I did not know they were called wild violets.
The ones in our courtyard keep getting mowed down, as do the dandelions, but they come right back.

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...