So, what WAS that lady looking at in my last post? Well, since this was a pollinator festival...
It was a large bee display!!
The white clumps you see is the wax they make.
As we were the last people of the day, the bee lady said something that rather tickled me. She said her bees were starting to get fussy, and wanted to go home. Huh? Kind of like they were toddlers.
I have heard that if there were no more bees, humans would only exist four days. Turns out, AI said that is not true!
A bee is
a tiny reminder that small things make the world bloom.
14 comments:
Wow, that's a lot of bees. I wonder how you can tell when bees are getting fussy and want to go home.
I've heard that too about if there no more bees. Good to know it's a false statement
I am with Ann; I have heard that it was true too - four days. I am glad to know it is not true - but I wonder what would happen without them. They sure do work hard.
These are great photos and a very interesting post Ginny. Good information here. I liked the quote too.
I also thought that lady was cute about they wanted to go home. I expect you become very fond of them and consider them like family.
Interesting Ginny...I had to take a hard look at your header photo to realize the this was bees. Our world would be in a bad place without the bees....
I too was wondering how you could tell that bees were getting fussy.
That's a lot of bees. I've heard the 4 day thing about bees too.
The small town nearby (Palo Cedro) is known around the world as a top spot for the beekeeping industry, especially for breeding high-quality Northern California Park Italian Queen Bees and exporting them globally. They ship bees all over the country, though only the Italian ones.
I loved seeing the pollinator festival through your eyes — the bee display, the petunia tree, even the surprise Summerween finds made me smile. You have such a gift for noticing the small things that make life bloom. Thanks for sharing these little joys; they brighten my day every time I visit.
Oh my, that's interesting....and kind of scary, as I'm allergic to Bees.
It got stung once when I was younger, and my leg swelled up. Thankfully, my mom knew what to do. The clumps of wax formed is neat. Thanks for sharing this, Ginny.
I’m still smiling about fussy bees. I’m with them, home is best!
Without bees our food supply would eventually fail. Maybe not in 4 days but they are part of the reproductive routine.
Love the bees and the story.
To answer your question, Yes we have AC which is cranking away as I write this.
Sue
So many bees and so much honey as well. Love the abundance of
Bees are fascinating. That many in one place makes me a little nervous though, hahaha 🐝🏴☠️
Post a Comment