Monday, July 27, 2026

Eye Of The Tiger

 The Tiger Lilies are in bloom now!






Tyger! Tyger! burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies,
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?

And what shoulder, & what art,
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And water’d heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Willaim Blake


14 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Love your pairing of Tiger Lily and poem. Gorgeous photos!

DawnTreader said...

Intriguing shapes and patterns - and name! :)

Ann said...

They're so pretty. I've never read that poem before. I like it.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Absolutely stunning, Ginny. This made my day!

CheerfulMonk said...

Beautiful flowers, and I love the poem. 😊

Shug said...

Gorgeous tiger lilies Ginny... I don't have any of them, but would love to add a few to my garden of lilies...

photowannabe said...

Great putting the photos and poem together. Both are awesome.
Love the colors too.
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

We are watching the Mentalist and that poem runs through the whole show.
I did know they were Tiger Lilies - very pretty.

photowannabe said...

Ginny, no we have no rats in our yard. I think that was another blog maybe Pamela" at Closed doors open windows. I can't remember. Foxes eat a lot of fruit and maybe a squirrel or two. Don't know but it does make me a little uneasy going out in the backyard which is completely fenced in.
Sue

HappyK said...

The tiger lilies are pretty. Mine didn't come up this year.

roentare said...

A great poem with these pretty tiger lillies!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ugh they are fascinating! That color! And the spots, and the little "feet" that hang off the middle parts, haha! Just wonderful xoxo 🧡🏴‍☠️

Red Rose Alley said...

The tiger lilies are unusual looking. You got some really nice close-up photos. They are so interesting to look at. : )

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful.

Attack Of The Mummy Chickens

 A few weeks ago, we went to a local store and got a surprise. They were selling so many mummies! Especially mummy chickens and roosters! Th...