Sunday, July 12, 2026

Moon-White Bells

 The Yucca have been in bloom! In the draught we had, they are draught tolerant, as they don't need much water. The flowers are edible!




They are dependent on only one pollinator! The Yucca Moth! This is a photo of it I got from the web. It is the same white color as the flowers!






A quiet guardian with moon‑white bells and sun‑strong roots.


15 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

It is a beautiful bloom and I love its tiny visitors :)

Ann said...

They are really pretty. I recall having Yucca plants in the yard when I was growing up. I don't recall if they bloomed like this .

roentare said...

Wow pure white is such a great cleansing tool. The last image is fabulous

Red Rose Alley said...

Ooooo, what a pretty Yucca plant. How interesting that the flowers are edible. It must look so pretty driving by and seeing it. I like that last picture of the two Yucca plants and the mountains in the distance. Have a wonderful July week, Ginny.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

That's one gorgeous and sturdy plant, Ginny!

Chatty Crone said...

It's so beautiful in bloom and the pollinator is also white? Amazing!

Red Rose Alley said...

**Ginny, I wanted to answer your question.....the Eye (called Mati) acts as a protective shield. It drives out negative energy. Besides Greece, it is also found in other parts of European countries. Jess has a pretty blue hanging one with beads she brought home from Greece.

photowannabe said...

Had no idea they were edible. Really pretty bells.
Sue

Carla from The River said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla from The River said...

Wow, they are beautiful.
Do they have a fragrance?

HappyK said...

They are so pretty. Blooming around here too. Didn't know the flowers were edible.

Jeanette said...

They are so pretty!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I have never seen a yucca plant before, or even heard of a yucca moth. Very pretty.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

gorgeous, love that moth and the last photo and quote. so beautiful

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I don't believe I have ever seen one around here. That's interesting about only the one pollinator.

Hidden

 I would like to know WHY some people grow gorgeous plants, and then hide them away from view!! Like this lovely Crepe Myrtle is hidden in o...