Monday, July 20, 2026

Such Great Heights

 Back to the Tall Ships again.


Do you see what I see? The men are standing and balancing on the yardarms!




Oy! I can't even figure out how they got up there, much less how they can balance with all the wind.



I think I would either vomit all over the ship or fall in the sea and be eaten by sharks. These are brave men! It does look like they have safety belts of some kind. Nevertheless...


There are three ominous sounds that will always chill your heart: the creak of chains on a pirate ship, the clink of spurs in a ghost town, and the flap of bat wings in the night. – William R. Bradford

 


6 comments:

Ann said...

Oh wow, they are brave. I would hate to be balancing way up there. I agree it does look like they are wearing some kind of safety harness. Even still it would take a bit of courage to be way up there.

roentare said...

Splendid colourful and extravagant looks. Love this

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Since I hate heights, I couldn't even imagine being in their shoes, Ginny. Wow! That's a brave bunch.

Shug said...

These photos are so good.. I know for sure that I could not even attempt to climb up there. I am afraid of heights. Can you imagine the pirates of long ago who did this with no harness, no wires...just them balancing up there.

Mari said...

Wow, these photos are incredible! I can't imagine how they do that!

CheerfulMonk said...

I would never have guessed! ❤️

Such Great Heights

 Back to the Tall Ships again. Do you see what I see? The men are standing and balancing on the yardarms! Oy! I can't even figure out ho...