Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Art For Gifts

 Every year, our small downtown museum has "Art For Gifts". This is where local artists display their creations, and you can buy them. Since they are all one-of-a-kind, they make good Christmas gifts. It lasts from late November till right after Christmas.


The entrance was done very pretty.



Inside, there were homemade journals.



Bowl cozies (to hold hot bowls)


Interesting wooden serving pieces.


Lots of paintings



Gorgeous inlaid plates

Purses




You don't want to know how much this beauty costs!


Fun spoons.


A wooden tree, all decorated.


Thanks for shopping with us!

·         Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Norman MacEwen

 

 The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.

Pablo Picasso

 


14 comments:

Ann said...

How fun and so many interesting things to choose from. I have one of those bowl cozies and use it often. A friend made it for me several years ago for Christmas.

roentare said...

The fun spoons are really my favorite!

Reanaclaire said...

Beautiful ornaments there, Ginny, I love browsing these too whenever I come across them. Nice to see and admire but have to zip my wallet... hahahaa...

Mari said...

That is a great idea! I could probably spend far too much there.

MadSnapper said...

they are all really pretty and nice to look at. wouldn't you know, the only thing in the photos that i would want to own, is the wooden crane....i would enjoy wandering and seeing all the different art and seeing how really gifted the artists are

Jeanette said...

Looks like a great show!

Chatty Crone said...

I lost my first comment - but I love Picasso's quote and it is true. Not sure I have found my purpose yet. But I do try to be a giver.
Love the art work and all the bright colors!

Carla from The River said...

I like the spoons. The fun ones and the serving spoons.
Carla

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

All of these artists are certainly talented and it was fun to go "shopping" in this post without spending any $. of course, like Sandra, I would have liked to buy the wooden carved heron if money were no object. if it was then the bowl cozies would be my second choice.

Billie Jo said...

Wow! You always find the most interesting things! I am so happy to see you here, my friend. I hope you are happy and healthy, my friend!

Shug said...

So much fun! I sure enjoy going to things like this. And oh how I love those journals. Journals are my weakness. so many neat items and a whole lot of talented people

CheerfulMonk said...

It's a great idea, I hope they did well. I love your quotes! ❤️

photowannabe said...

Delicious art show..There are so many beautiful things offered. I do love that Heron carving the best. It would look so wonderful in my yard but no way could I afford it..
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

Two beautiful quotes to go with your super photos. I would love to look around this place. Lots of talented people for sure!

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...