Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Peppermint

 These are some of the peppermint, or candy cane decorations that were around at Christmas time, and some still are. I love mint!! I think this door is so pretty.


Candy canes.



Even on the mailbox.


These last two are not mint themed, but I love them. Soldiers standing guard.


And our next-door neighbor turned her window shutters into gnomes!


“When the sky is overcast with clouds and there is not a shred of hope left; remember there are still forests of pine trees, blossoms of hydrangeas and gardens of mint leaves out there.”

 

There is a place where the sidewalk ends, And before the street begins, And there the grass grows soft and white, And there the sun burns crimson bright, And there the moon-bird rests from his flight To cool in the peppermint wind.

Shel Silverstein

 

“I am at that stage of life where homegrown mint excites me more than clothes and bags.”


12 comments:

roentare said...

The decorations you presented in photos are always fascinating

Ann said...

That first door is really pretty. I love the soldiers on either side of the door.

MadSnapper said...

cute shutters, i miss peppermint candies, the little soft round ones that melt in the mouth and the big FAT ones that are hard as a brick.
My mother always had mint growing under her kitchen window. I loved to tear off a leaf and crush it and smell it. I bought that peppermint bug spray and love the smell is leaves when I use it.

Mari said...

Love that quote! I'm a big mint lover. Cute decorations!

Jeanette said...

I love mint too!

photowannabe said...

Ummm the smell of mint is always so refreshing. I especially like thin mint ice cream..yummm
I think I need to grow some mint in my yard.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog this morning.
Hope your day goes well.
Sue

CheerfulMonk said...

I especially like the soldiers standing guard, but I think it's great that they decorate and spread joy to the neighborhood. And to all of us because of you. ❤️

happyone said...

I like candy canes and mint too.!!

Chatty Crone said...

I love Christmas decorations and red and white and peppermint. You have me sold.

Billie Jo said...

I keep candy canes in my snack drawer all year long. Of course, I have to ration them, but they are one of my favorite treats. I love visiting here, my friend.

DeniseinVA said...

These are wonderful Ginny, and always enjoy your quotes. Quotes are wonderful reminders of what is truly important in life.

Red Rose Alley said...

Ooooo, peppermint is my favorite. Your neighborhood is sure decked out for the holidays. The first picture of the door with the bows and the wreath is delightful. Shel Silverstein always has the best quotes.

~Sheri

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...