Saturday, March 13, 2010

Loafing Around On The Weekend







Since yesterday's post was about bread, I thought I'd make it a bread weekend. I did not take these pictures, my brother-in-law sent them to me, but I thought they were worth sharing. Who knew that bread had yet another wonderful use? I'm afraid if I owned these carved artworks, they might not be around for long, as I would likely give in and devour them. But not before slathering with plenty of butter!



"I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."John 6:48,51

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how cute, Ginny..... One piece of advice though: IF you eat the foot---make sure you don't put any "toe jam" on it.... You don't want to eat "toe jam"...... ha ha ha

Love the bread art... But---like you, I'd probably want to EAT it!!!!

Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That is a person with a lot of time on their hands...I don't know if I would want to eat foot bread though.

MadSnapper said...

you KNOW I would eat the foot bread and the hand bread and anything else they might make of bread. it took a lot of talent to carve the bread like that.

MadSnapper said...

forgot to say answer is posted and you got nightshirt but there is a PLUS on the nightshirt.

George said...

I'm with you. Although the artwork is good to look at, I know I would be more interested in tasting it!

Glenda said...

I've never seen anything like this! Someone has incredible creativity - and a steady hand for the details!

SquirrelQueen said...

Those are great, it took a lot of talent to do that kind of carving. But even though they are works of art I think they would be delicious. Where's the butter?

I was gone most of the weekend, catching up now.

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!