Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Birds Are On The Wing


















Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire Of Spring
The Winter Garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of time has but a little way
To fly-and Lo! the Bird is on the wing.

Smile for the birdies! Today was a beautiful sunny day, so we played outside with our little friend Ella. Our first pretty day of the year to play outside with no snow, no ice, and no bundling up! Phil flew our colorful mechanical birdie, and played badminton with Ella. She was very good at hitting that particular birdie. And who is the unexpected visitor who came out to join us? Our backyard groundhog, looking for tasty things to fatten him up after the winter's hibernation.

"Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all." Ecc. 11:7

5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

love all the pictures and the header, but love love love the visitor. I have never seen one except in a zoo. wish i were there. i missed yesterday, busy with completeing the project so no bloggin, but I am back and checking out what you did while i was gone

George said...

It's good to see all of you enjoying the beautiful sunshine. However, I hope you treat your visitor well -- we don't want him wandering down here to munch on our flowers.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love the mechanical birdie, Ginny..... That's the next best thing to a kite in March!!!!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful, sunny day!!! We finally had some sun yesterday too--just a little, but it felt good...

We had a groundhog once --but didn't like having him around since he was eating our flowers. I'm glad we don't have any nearby now. I'll just enjoy YOURS.

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

SquirrelQueen said...

That looks like fun. Glad to see you are finally getting some nice weather. It has been very spring like here, I mowed my lawn yesterday. The grass was getting really high and it's only mid March.

Sorry I am so far behind with your posts, I have been trying to get my yard cleaned up. It is a huge job every spring.

happily retired gal said...

Have I mentioned how much I love the beautiful blossom in your header yet? I think not ... but I do. What FUN with the colorful mechanical bird here and your post about the English sparrow taught me many things I didn't know (loved the photos too). Glad the snow has melted in your part of the world. As for the clock and time ... you raise some excellent points and have my mind running this morning so thank you.
Hugs and blessings,

The Big Cow - Easter 2024

 The Big Cow is all dressed up and ready for Easter. And he has brought along some of his friends as well!