Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Dripping

 This large painting was hanging in the doctor's waiting room. It is called "The Gatherers" by Carolyn & Rusty Goldsmith. Strange that it was created by two people. Also strange that I cannot see any connection with the title. But that's neither here nor there.


I saw that a good portion of the painting is created with drips. What the...


This drip technique seems to be popular now. 

Some of you may remember this huge mural that was painted on the side of a building a few blocks from our house.


It, too, was made with many purposeful drips! So what's the deal?? Drip Art maybe?


“A painting is what you make of it, besides which, "Moon Weeping" has a better ring to it than "Paintbrush Dripping."

~Robert Brault

My next post will be about where we went after the doctor!



13 comments:

roentare said...

The painting is certainly surreal! Love the dripping technique in this.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm afraid I'm not an art connoisseur and don't really like the dripping technique.

Ann said...

Interesting technique. I don't get why it's so popular with the drips though.

Mari said...

Those kinds of paintings look beautiful from a distance, but not close up. It's so interesting that it was done by two people. I've never seen that before.

MadSnapper said...

pouring art is big down here, instead of dripping, carefully pour and let it run where it goes. i have seen some beatiful pours and some ugly. I like this painting, its pleasing, but the name is odd. i am wondering what everyone sees, something different i am betting. used to be splatter art. wonder what they paid for it

DawnTreader said...

I suppose when working with this technique, you literally have to "go with the flow"... ;) (Seriously - not having full control of the result, but making best possible use of the randomness, is probably part of the challenge.)

Debby said...

The colors are pretty. I wonder if I could put my painter's dropcloth up for sale on eBay? Lots of paint drips on that!

To each his own...

photowannabe said...

HaHa...Moon Weeping..that definitely has a more exotic ring to it.
Not my style but the painters obviously liked it.
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

I don't think I have ever seen a painting made that way - very interesting.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I'm not into the dripping thing but the colors are pretty. xoxo

Shug said...

I've seen the dripping a lot lately on painted furniture. Not something that I would want, but beauty is certainly In the eyes of the beholder.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful painting!

DeniseinVA said...

Fascinating! What an interesting technique. I liked the mural also and the quote. I have often thought how interesting it would be to talk to the artist about their work, to see what their thought processes were when painting a canvas, or wall :)

Thoughts After Parking

 1. The elevator - After parking and entering the hospital, we saw the elevator in the middle of the lobby. It is right in the center, surr...