Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Reason

I believe I have found the reason there are almost no decorative angels around this year. It is because of these new projectors! They have been all the rage recently. Have you seen them, they throw lights up on the house, and they twirl and swirl around. No wires or bulbs to mess with; just set up the projector and  you are all set! Here are just a few of the local ones.










There are many, many more. But enough is enough for this post. So angels beware, the new technology is here!

“I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy holiday, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” ~Anonymous

10 comments:

Ann said...

Yes, they do seem to be everywhere and I even have the same kind of lights. They are very easy but I still miss the old fashioned outside lights. Plus there reeally should be more angels out there :)

Hootin Anni said...

I have one, but just didn't bring much out this year 'cause Isaiah would have indoor stuff broken In no time. I have an angel carousel from my MIL.

MadSnapper said...

they are the rage here also... every street has a few. I saw a news report, they can be dangerous for pilots in planes if aimed up, they were warning people to keep them focused on the buildings and not up in the air, lasers can blind the pilots and it is a federal crime and 11,000 fine...

Ruth Hiebert said...

I see these around here as well.Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I still like the traditional lights better.

Chatty Crone said...

Ginny - I AM GUILT - I love ours. So pretty and on the inside in the dark it looks like stars. Not sure about the angel thing though.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Where I live there are fewer lights than ever around houses. Itfeels kind of dark and sad becausein past years lights were so plentiful.

Rose said...

I can understand wanting to use them for the ease, but I so prefer the old...

Shug said...

I think you are right. So many people around here are now using those projection lights. They are pretty, but I miss the lights...

Nancy Chan said...

I have seen them here too! They are convenient, pretty but I too miss the old fashioned decorations. I wouldn't mind a combination of both.

L. D. said...

The projectors can make some amazing effects. We have someone up the street that has an angel projected on the side of their house in a gable.

Forsythia!

 The Forsythia are blooming now, and seem to scream joy and sunshine. Here are ones in town. This is our little one in the front yard. This ...